The new formula of Udo’s Choice Beyond Greens is a blend of certified organic greens, which includes fermented grasses, green vegetables and the superfood algae & seaweeds of spirulina , dulse and chlorella. A variety of digestive herbs such as alfalfa herb, ginger root, cinnamon bark and liquorice root have been added, as well as fibre from flax, sunflower and sesame seeds. The grasses (barley, oat, wheat and alfalfa) have been fermented with Lactobacillus plantarum and Saccharomyces boulardii; this fermentation process is like pre-digestion along with nutrient enhancement and shelf-life preservation to the formula. The good bacteria help break down the fibrous cell walls of the greens and vegetables leading to less chance of indigestion, gas and bloating as well as better bioavailability of nutrients.
The equivalent of 33g of raw, fresh greens goes into the making of each 8g serving. Each 8g scoop provides 3g of fibre, 3.4mg of iron, 48mg of calcium, 2g of protein and is considered two servings of organic vegetables. Beyond Greens provides all of the benefits of juicing vegetables without all of the sugar.
Packaged in a re-sealable zip lock pouch for convenience and freshness. Beyond Greens can easily be added to a glass of water, smoothie or vegetable/fruit juice. It can even be used in baking to add an additional boost of nutrients to healthy muffins, protein balls or snack bars.
This spectrum of nutritional components provides:
• A rich blend of greens from 10 different organic sources – alfalfa, barley, wheat, rye and oat grass powders; spirulina, dulse and chlorella; plus broccoli and kale.
• Provides both kinds of fibre – soluble and insoluble both required for optimum digestive health.
• Fermented foods act as prebiotics to help grow good bacteria with the gut flora. They also produce short chain fatty acids, which supports colon health and immune system health.
• Provides phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals helping to support energy levels, immune system function and overall health
• Provides protein from seeds and greens.
• Is low in carbohydrates – and therefore supports a weight loss programme and glucose stability.
• Organic, NON-GMO, dairy, soy and yeast free and other common allergens. Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans
What are Greens?
Greens are the basic foundation of health. The diet is unbalanced when it lacks the recommended amount of five to nine daily servings of fresh, green foods and consists mainly of processed convenient foods with little nutritional value. Greens are the primary food on our planet. They have been an endless food source for living creatures and form the foundation of human health and regeneration. Chlorophyll-rich plants make Earth the green planet and where green plants cannot grow, we cannot live. Green sources include alfalfa, the grasses of barley, oat and rye, which supply natural minerals, vitamins and trace nutrients as well as protein-rich chlorella and spirulina. The best vegetable sources are broccoli and kale.
Why do we need greens?
• Almost every health problem benefits from the use of green foods
• Greens are our greatest source of antioxidants
• Provide fibre and if raw, provide digestive enzymes as well as prebiotics
• Provide phytonutrients
• Manufacture the vitamins that are essential to life
• Alkalinise our body into a healthier state
• Improve health and can slow, prevent or reverse degenerative diseases
How should we use greens?
Fresh organic greens are best because they are rich in essential nutrients. Organic greens can be juiced or blended for easier digestion, steamed or boiled. They can also be dried, like Udos Choice Beyond Greens, for long-term storage, which is especially important for busy people.
Mix 1 scoop (8 g) as desired with a glass of water or add to a smoothie for added nutrient value. Drink plenty of pure water throughout the day
Store in a cool, dry place. For optimal freshness once opened keep refrigerated and use within 90 days.